Wednesday 21 December 2011

Coming Soon...

Well the end of the year is upon us, and you know what that means...time to plan which films to watch next year. Here is a list of the films I'm looking forward to in 2012.

The Woman in Black
I'm really looking forward to see Daniel Radcliffe in this role. It's completely removed from The Harry Potter films and I think we'll get a chance to see his acting chops, and also possible get the shit scared out of us. 

The Hunger Games 
I enjoyed the books and hopefully the films will be as good. The books are very filmic so I have an exact idea of how the games look, it will be interesting to see if the film matches my vision. 

American Reunion
If you were a teenager in the late '90s then you're looking forward to seeing the gang back together. 

The Avengers
As you can tell from previous posts I am really excited about The Avengers. This film is going to be a huge summer hit, I hope that they have a strong story line and that we get to see some great comic book hero action. 

Snow White and the Huntsman
When I saw that this film stars Kristen Stewart I thought I'd avoid it. But then I saw that it also stars Chris Hemsworth so that got my attention. I watched the trailer and it actually looks like it could be a good film. There's another Snow White film coming out in 2012 called Mirror Mirror but it looks a like a bubble gum version compared to this darker tale. 

The Amazing Spider-Man
The summer of 2012 is all about the comic book heroes. I am intrigued to see how this reboot does. I like Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone so hopefully they can bring spark to this already tired series. 

The Dark Knight Rises
The end of the legendary series is upon us. I am ridiculously excited about The Dark Knight Rises. It will be the last time Chris Nolan makes a Batman film so I'm thinking of it as the end of Batman, because really, who can beat what he's done with the series? 

The Bourne Legacy
I mentioned in an earlier post that I wasn't sure about this film, but I've been doing some reading on it and am actually getting intrigued. Jeremy Renner does not play Bourne, he plays Aaron Cross, a CIA operative. The genius behind The Bourne Identity and The Bourne Ultimatum, Tony Gilroy directs so that's promising. 

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 
This is going to be the biggest film of the year (in my opinion). I love Jackson's work, am a huge LOTR fan and so I will be counting down the days to this one. 

What films are you looking forward to seeing in 2012? 

1 comment:

  1. Woman in Black! OOOH I saw the stage production of that, and almost crapped myself. Should be goooodddd.

    ReplyDelete