Monday 19 December 2011

The 10 Best Christmas Movies (According to me)

We are only five days from Christmas so I thought it'd be fitting to make a list of my favorite Christmas movies.

10. Jingle All the Way
It's got Arnold, Turbo Man, and a nice little message about the true meaning of Christmas (hint: it's not toys)

9. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation
I watched this again last night. It's so funny. They have the most ridiculous family and everything that could go wrong does. Just found out it's a John Hughes film, it's brilliant so not a surprise really. 

8. It's a Wonderful Life
I love Jimmy Stewart and he's wonderful in this film about a man who finds out what life would have been like if he'd never existed. It's a really sweet story and perfect for this time of year, especially when things can be tough for so many. 

7. The Holiday
I don't know if this would be considered a Christmas film by many, but I really love it. It has a great cast and I love anything with Kate Winslet in it. Her character's cottage in England would be such an awesome place to spend Christmas.

6. A Christmas Story
I remember watching this when I was a child and it's as brilliant now as it was then. I learned a lot from this film: never stick your tongue to a frozen post, be careful with BB guns, and fishnet stocking leg lamps will never go out of style.

5. Gremlins
Gizmo in a santa hat, I mean where can you go wrong? The nasty gremlins try to ruin Christmas but Gizmo helps to save the day.

4. Home Alone 2
Christmas in New York, it seems like a dream, even if you are lost. This sequel is great and I love where the family stays in New York, how much money do they have?!

3. Home Alone 
There are many assholes who rob families at Christmas (my family just had firsthand experience) but if you're lucky, you've left your kid at home and he will defend the palace. This is a classic Christmas film.

2. Love Actually
I really love this film. Unlike American films with ensemble casts this film places their actors in perfect roles. There is so much talent on screen but everyone has a really sweet story. There's a mixture of love, loss and laughter. Love Actually is all around.

1. Die Hard
My favorite Christmas movie. I love this film any time of the year but it's all the more special at Christmas. I mean who doesn't think Christmas when they hear Bruce Willis, guns, and Alan Rickman? Ho ho ho now I have a machine gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment